Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Cell to contain page name

Hi Daniel,
Expect you mean worksheet name. At least in English, nothing has the
name of page in Excel except when referring to printing or HTML pages.
Perhaps you are translating the equivalent of "sheet" to "page".

Enter the following exactly as typed.
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

For other examples see
Pathname in headings, footers, and cells
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm
---
HTH,

"Daniel Lidström" wrote in message ...
Hello,

how do I put the name of the page of the workbook in a cell? I wish to be
able to only change the name of a page and the cell should adjust.
Thanks!
--

Daniel