Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Updating Cells that Get Value from Macro

Have you macro put in a formula rather than a value.

Assume E9 is the cell they reference. In the cell where the value is place,
the macro should put the formula

=E9

rather than the value displayed in E9.

As an example.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ken" wrote in message
om...
Hi.

I've written a VB macro that references a cell by name via the Range
function. I call the macro from various cells in my spreadsheet. The
value the macro returns becomes the value of the cell.

I'd like the cells that use the macro to automatically update when the
referenced cell value is changed. This is not happening. What do I
need to do to get that to work? If it can't be done, is there a
manual way to cause all cells on the worksheet to get refreshed all at
once? As it stands, the only way I can update the cells is to go
through them manually, one at a time, and click inside the formula bar
for each one. I'm sure there must be a better way.

Thanks for the better way :),

Ken