Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Importing text file into an existing excel workbook.

with this code in your workbook where you key in data and the sheet where
you key in the data active, run:

Sub GetData()
Dim rng as Range, wkbk as Workbook
set rng = cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)
set wkbk = workbooks.Open(Filename:="C:\Myfolder\mytextfile.t xt")
wkbk.worksheets(1).Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy _
Destination:=rng
wkbk.close savechanges:=false

Tom Ogilvy

"Juan Melero" wrote in message
I was wondering if it was possible to get a text file and
import it into an excel worksheet that already exist. For
example, I have an excel worksheet that has Headings and a
fixed format of where I key in data. I want to import a
text file that has the data that I key in everyday into
these columns. Is there a quick way of doing this or do I
have to write lots of code for this?
Thanks to whomever can help.