Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alper Alper is offline

Default Help please to match data in a range, get the next column's value.

Hi everyone,
I'm preparing some sort of a price list and I'm trying to find a way
to match a cell's value within a range and get the next column's
value. Let's say I have the value 4550 in A4 value of worksheet 1, and
a range of numbers with prices next to them in an other worksheet.
What I need should sound like this:

IF THE VALUE OF A4 (of SHEET1) EXISTS IN RANGE A1..A1000 (of SHEET2)
THEN B4 (of SHEET1) = B??? (of SHEET2) WHERE ??? IS THE ROW NUMBER
WHERE THE VALUE OF A4 IS MATCHED

I hope I didn't sound out of my mind :) Thanks for any help.

All best!