Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
slaw slaw is offline

Default calculating balance w/interest

Can anyone help me with the formula that will allow me to figure out the balance on a loan or credit card after each payment, without creating a loop? i.e. BALANCE=1000.00 PAYMENT=-100.00 INTEREST=+10.00 NEW BALANCE=910.00(The problem is the "NEW BALANCE" needs to go to the "BALANCE" now. and each "PAYMENT" is an accumulated total.(In January "PAYMENT"=100.00, in February "PAYMENT" equals 200.00, etc.) At the end of the year the result will display the current balance, total of monthly payments, total interest paid.