Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default Coverting a VBA array from 2-D to 1-D

Dave, check the second tab of the Date/Time dialog to make sure you are set
for the correct time zone. This is the more prevalent problem as most
computer clocks seem to be factory-set to the US West Coast time zone by
default.

--

Vasant

"Dave" wrote in message
u...
Hi Tom,

I don't know what would have happened, the time does look late but I

haven't
changed my clock and I thought that I did post this latish Sunday evening

I'm posting from Australia and we do have our clocks a little earlier for
daylight saving but 17 hours in front of you does seem a little extreme.
I'm posting this on Monday Dec 15 at 19.20.

Cheers

Dave

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Please fix/set your computer clock. You are way ahead of everyone else.

Tom Ogilvy

Dave wrote in message
u...
Hi Bob,

I want to run a routine on the usedrange so there could be up to 256

values
per element

I thought or maybe more accurately hoped that there may be some sort

of
array conversion I could do - I was concerned that a FOR loop would

take
long time on say 200 columns by 10000 rows

Is a loop the only way?

Thanks

Dave

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Dave,

If that is all you want and you don't want loops, why not just use

Dim myarray(1)

myarray(0) = [A1] & [B1] & [C1] & [D1]
myarray(1) = [A2] & [B2] & [C2] & [D2]

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave" wrote in message
u...
I know I can quickly map a 2d range to an array with code such as

Sub MyArr()
Dim myarray
myarray = [A1:D2]
End Sub

Is there a quick way to convert the array into a single dimension
without
using a FOR loop?
I want to end up with an array of two elements, the first

containing
concatenated string of A1 to D1 the second of A2 to D2.

Thanks