Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel Pivot table Events

Think your out of luck as far as using an event. Events that occur before
an action is performed are named with a Before in the event name. To the
best of my knowledge, none of these are associated with pivot tables.

Perhaps you could have your pivot table on a hidden page and link to its
results on a visible sheet - providing an interface that will allow the user
to perform actions you want to support. Then you could have code to adjust
the pivot table to perform those actions.

Tom Ogilyv

"Shanmugavel" wrote in message
I need to mask some user operations in a MS Excel pivot
table report. This is required so that based on volume of
data, the application can avoid some user operations.

To achieve this I need to trap certain events from Excel
pivot table. I have listed the events I want to trap on
Excel pivot table.

1. Event when a Page Field is Dragged and Dropped
into Row Area or Column Area of the Pivot Table. ( I have
to disallow this action depending on the other dimension
selection scenario)
2. Event when a Dimension is Dragged and Dropped from
Field List into Row Area or Column Area of the Pivot Table
( I have to disallow this action depending on the other
dimension selection scenario)
3. Event when "Expand All" option was selected for
expanding dimension details ( I need to disallow this
depending on the expected volume )
4. Event when a selection is changed in Page Field /
Row Field / Column Field in the Pivot Table

NOTE : The Pivot Table Updated (Excel 2002) event does
not suit the requirement , because it is triggered after
the change takes place. I need to trap before the action
happens.