Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nikos Yannacopoulos[_5_] Nikos Yannacopoulos[_5_] is offline

Default saving new file name

Douvid,

You need to write some VB code in a macro for this. In
short, your code should:

1.get the old name file before you save under the new name:
oldname = activeworkbook.path & "/" & _
activeworkbook.name
2.save under the new name
activeworkbook.saveas "TheNewFilename.xls"
same folder, or full path for different folder). The new
file name will most likely be a variable whose value is
read from the spreadsheet, I guess (in that case omit the
quotes).
3. delete original file
kill oldname

HTH,