Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Inserting rows before page break

If you have 100 names and you set the print area to A1:J110, then applying
the filter and printing will include 10 rows at the bottom for each class
(barring going beyond the pagebreak).

the other way would be to have one fully formatted class sheet, then use the
autofilter on your data sheet, copy the rows over to the formatted sheet
(only visible rows are copied by default), print (clear that data), and
repeat for each class. (or use the advanced filter).

Working with pagebreaks is slow and unreliable. For instance, horizontal
pagebreaks which don't have data below them, don't even show up in the
pagebreaks collection - so you wouldn't be able to find them with code -
unless you counted down a fixed number of rows (assumes all row heights are
equal).

Tom Ogilvy

Robert Christie wrote in message
Thank you for reply Tom.
I'm trying to fully automate the formating from a .CSV
file to a spreadsheet. A second sheet allows the user to
print all classroom sheets or specific classrooms. Using
autofilter will not give me the extra blank rows under
last name, hence the requirement to move rows down.

TIA
Bob C