Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Strange problem saving add-in

Since upgrading to Excel 2003 I have an intermittent problem saving an
add-in.
What happens is that the save doesn't finish and there is a continuous
hard-disk activity.
Eventually the error message appears file not saved.
What is happening is that a very large file is being made in the same folder
as the add-in. When this reaches a few Gb and the hard-disk is full the
error message appears.
This file can have different names. I have seen 9DA0C400 and 4976E400. I
don't see a file extension.
The add-in itself is big, about 1.5 mB, but this didn't cause any problem
before. The add-in works fine.
This is getting a major problem and I haven't found any information about
this on the internet.
Thanks for any advice or insight in this.

RBS