Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harlan Grove Harlan Grove is offline

Default Most popular word

"fernando cinquegrani" wrote...
"Harlan Grove" ha scritto . . .

| Change the third and fourth arguments to use different definitions of
|'word' as specified by VBScript regular expressions.

in VBScript regular expressions there is only one definition of 'word'.
parentheses denotes a 'subexpression'.

I don't mean a word as VBScript would define the term (\b\w+\b), I mean a
word as the user wants to define it. My udf defaults to \b\w{3,}\b which is
clost to the VBScript definition, but if the user wants only letters, then
s/he could use mcw(somestring,,"\b[A-Za-z]{3,}\b").