Cathy C

So, double clicking could cause it (the cursor) to jump to a completely
different cell because of mouse wandering? I don't recall having this problem
before upgrading to Windows XP Pro and Office XP 2003 recently.

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Cathy,

If you're clicking the cell, it should be doing nothing but selecting the
cell. It will go into enter mode if you start typing stuff. It should
require double-clicking or pressing F2 to get it into Edit Mode. The
four-way arrow mouse pointer should happen when you've selected a cell(s)
and have the pointer at the border of the selection. I suspect the mouse
pointer is wandering around. It IS a laptop, after all, and mouse
positioning can be difficult.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Cathy C" wrote in message
On our corporate laptop, sometimes when a worksheet cell is clicked, it
goes
into edit mode (which is what we want and expect), sometimes it jumps to
another cell, sometimes it turns into a white cross and then changes to a
four directional cross. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to
make
it just go into edit mode?

Thanks much.