Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Heath[_2_] Heath[_2_] is offline

Default Sort issue

See response below.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
Looks like Heath is giving you a bum steer. A customized list would have no
role to play in the scenario you described. Just to save you a little time.

I don't know how I could be giving her a bum steer when
I clearly said it wasn't possible. I suggested it assuming
that she didn't know it existed. And it could be useful or
if she sees that it is possible she could change the ways
she is organizing the data.

With the limited details I still think it is a good tip.
Sorry if it isn't up to your standards.

Tom Ogilvy

"Heath" wrote in message
om...
Patty,

If you go to Tools Options Custom Lists tab and
play around with organizing the list how you want.

Then when you go to Data Sort Options... select
the list you created, it can only be changed for the
first sort by field if you were wondering, if this
doesn't work you will have to turn to a macro. Do
a search for multiple conditions search or something
and you should find an article from Microsoft's Knowledge
Base that gives more details and an example macro.

The short answer is, unfortunately: No.

Maybe this is unclear as an answer, if so I apologize for
not being more specific.

But if you put some more details maybe we can come
up with a work around.

Keep digging,

::h::
=if(solution=not(macro),Finesse,Brute)

"Patty" wrote in message

I have a sorting issue that I need help with, I do not
know if it is possible to do this and I have tried a ton
of different things, so I decided to see if anyone out
here has an idea.

I have 5 Random numbers (ie.(1-5-4-6-6, 5-5-5-3-6)) I want
to put these in order from high to low (sort decending),
but if the number is displayed more than once i want to
push it to the bottom or the string to look like this (6-5-
4-6-1, 6-5-3-5-5)???

Any ideas if this is possible?
Patty