Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
neil neil is offline

Default Trapping an open Workbook

Hi, I am putting together a kind of Client server app
using Excel, I will have a simple spreadhseet using an
ODBC call to get information from a central sheet, but I
also want to allow the Client to write data back to the
central sheet, I think the only way I can do this is by
opening up the central sheet, running a loop to find the
record and writing data to it. But if someone else has it
open then it will crash, is there a way to error trap the
fact the central sheet is open and wait 10 seconds and
try again ? or is there a better way to write data back
to a central sheet that will have a number of poeple
using it ?