Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Craig[_8_] Craig[_8_] is offline

Default VBA Code -- Cleaning Data

I have some code that is supposed to clean data in a
particular cell. The data is part numbers. Example...

A1 B1
P/N 1234-5 P/N 12345

When you enter the function cleanse(A1) in B1, the cleaned
part number will appear. It took out the dash. There are
other characters I want to do this with. Here is the code
I have....some of it may be right or wrong. If someone
could point me in the right direction on this code, I
would very much appreciate it...

Sub cleanse()

Dim loc As range
Dim block As range

Set loc = ActiveCell
loc.Select

Set block = Selection

For Each Item In Selection
ActiveCell.Replace What:="P/N", Replacement:="", LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
ActiveCell.Replace What:="(FINE)", Replacement:="",
LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

Next Item

End Sub

thanks for any help...

Craig