Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Hillin Steve Hillin is offline

Default Macro to Create PDF from excel with filename...

I'm using Excel to create invoices for my company. I want to then
save all the invoices to .pdf using Acrobat Distiller using the
invoice number as the file name. Can anyone help? I've pasted the
code I have below:

Sub PrintPDF()
'
'Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+p
'
'The invoice number is in cell I8. However, it is a function, and
therefore
'can't be pasted directly. So, I just copy it to J1, and work from
there.

Sheets("Invoice").Select
Range("I8").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("J1").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

'This just puts the active cell back onto my document
Range("D8").Select

Dim strOldPrinter As String

strOldPrinter = Application.ActivePrinter

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,
ActivePrinter:="Actobat Distiller on LPT1:"

Application.SendKeys "{return}" & Range("J1") & "{return}", True
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show

Application.ActivePrinter = strOldPrinter

End Sub

When I run this macro, It starts printing to my Deskjet, and not the
Distiller.
If you can help me, please post here. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.