Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Valeria[_2_] Valeria[_2_] is offline

Default help on charts

Dear experts,
I would like to insert a chart in a spreadsheet
automatically with VBA. The chart refers to 4 ranges in
rows, each range is a different data serie.
Sometimes it might be that a whole serie has no data in
it - so I get an error from VBA. I have bypassed it by
stating "On error resume next", but it has the
disadvantage that instead of getting in the legend the
name of serie where there are no data, I only get "serie
3" or "serie 4"... quite awful in a chart!
Is there a way I can get the name of the serie even if it
contains no data?
Many thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Valeria

In case it might help, here is my code:

ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range
("A20"), PlotBy:= _
xlRows
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = X_Data
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = Tot_Cost
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = Workbooks
(Product).Worksheets(1).Cells(ProductLastRow + 1, 4)
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = Int_Cost
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Name = Workbooks
(Product).Worksheets(1).Cells(ProductLastRow + 2, 4)
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = Ext_Cost
On Error Resume Next
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Name = Workbooks
(Product).Worksheets(1).Cells(ProductLastRow + 3, 4)
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(4).Values = Price_Data
On Error Resume Next
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(4).Name = Workbooks
(Product).Worksheets(1).Cells(ProductLastRow + 7, 4)