Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default Addin problem

Sounds like a bloomberg dde link! I'm say it's your Excel security settings,
which cannot be changed from VB or VBA. They are probably set to medium
under Tools, Options, Security, Macro Security.

Change it to low once to see whether the message disappear, then change it
back. It's what your customers should be doing anyway.

HTH,

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
"boopesh" wrote in message
we have a application which creates some add-ins in
toolbar, when installed using setup.exe

We are trying to create .MSI file, after which the
application installs sucessfully but the addin doesn't
work it reads Error the blpmain.xla contains macro,
macro's may contain virus.

Following script is used to add Excel add-ins

Option Explicit
On Error Resume Next

' Define constants.
Const ADDIN = "C:\Program Files\blp\API\dde\BlpMain.xla"

' Load the add-ins into excel.
Dim objXL, objAddIn
Set objXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objXL.Workbooks.Add
Set objAddIn = objXL.AddIns.Add(ADDIN, true)
objAddIn.Installed = true
objXL.Quit