Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alex J Alex J is offline

Default Control or VBA programming a button

Brian,

Good News: You don't need a button!

I have written the variable link for you on sheet3 using the Indirect
spreadsheet function.
As for a button-like function, I have given you a drop-down sheet selector
using validation in named range "SheetSelect" (D5) with a list of source
spreadsheets to choose from.

If you really want a button, that can be added to perform the function of
the dropdown sheet selector.

I will email the attachment seperately.

Alex J

"brianv" wrote in message
How do I create a button (say on sheet #3) that will change the incoming
data link from either sheet 1 or sheet 2

On sheet #3, I am importing data from either sheet #1 or #2 depending
on circumstances. Both sheet #1 and #2 are duplicate layouts, but
different data.

ex: (assume cell info)

From Sheet #1:
Item Est Qty: Manuf. Model Description
1 3 ABC 1234-AB Widget
2 4 ABC 1-234-DF Nugget
3 6 ABC 237-TD Contraption

From Sheet #2:
Item Est Qty: Manuf. Model Description
1 4 ACME 99-874 Really big widget
2 2 ACME 98-564 Really big Nugget
3 1 ACME 96-226 Really small Contraption

and by clicking the button, sheet #3 will either import the data from
sheet 1 or 2.

I consider myself very proficient in excell formula's but I have not
done control or VBA Programming.

In addition is it possible that the button will change its label
depending on which data is being utilized?

See Temp file.

Thanks
BV

Attachment filename: temp.xls