Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jimmy_chu jimmy_chu is offline

Default Create text pop-up in VBA function

Hi all,

I have written a custom VBA function and would like to use it in Excel.
But for my users sake, I would like to have the feature as other excel
built-in functions have - when we type in "=func(" then a yellow text
pop-up shown to notify user what parameter is to be entered.

I have done some research about this and know this is actually quite a
big task. I have made the .chm file, associating Help Context ID with
some text I want.

But my question is how to associate the VBA function to the help file
in such a way that when "=myCustomFunc(" are typed in, the help string
pop up?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jimmy Chu

---