Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Lim[_2_] Steve Lim[_2_] is offline

Default How does one link data? Sort different columns?

Hi all,

Simple question, but I cannot find the answer within Excel. It may be
more of a job for access but I need to do this in Excel.

Say I have 2 columns.

Names Salary
----- ------
Steve $1400
Joe $3240
John $1623
Sue $2340

How can I sort the names from a-z but still have the salary move with
the new sorting arrangement? I guess I'm looking for some kind of
linking. Also, I would also need to be able to sort by salary and have
the corresponding name move accordingly too.

How is this done please? It should work with 2 columns too.

Many thanks,
Steve.