Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ricky M. Medley Ricky M. Medley is offline

Default Referencing a ComboBox control from a Workbook Object?

to all that review....
one of my errors was to use activeworkbook.worksheets....etc. which yields a
compile error

thanks tom

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)

If Sh.Name = "Sheet2" Then
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").MyCombobox.Text _
= Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss.00")

worked fine for me as an example of using that notation in th

eThisworkbook
event.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ricky M. Medley" wrote in message
See the message thread 5 root posts above this one with subject: editing
control/form objects on a worksheet
by: Ricky M. Medley....
Is searching for very similair answer. Can watch there also for any

regards
ricky

"debartsa" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,

I have a ComboBox control on a Worksheet. From the code behind of the
Worksheet I am able reference it and alter it's properties

i.e. MyComboBox.Text = "Hello"

My goal is to reference that same control from the code behind of the
Workbook instead?

i.e. ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1"). ?

Thanks for any help!
Sam

P.S. ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").MyComboBox.Text doesn't work?