Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Newbie help with cell reference

-----Original Message-----

Hi all,

I am literally creating my first macro in Excel 2002 and

ran into a
problem already. Course it's not as complicated as the

others I was
viewing; so even though I'm risking looking very dumb, at

least it
should be easy.

I have a client that created a macro to type a word or

words in a cell
(ex. A1), then go to the next cell (B1) and type another

word and keep
going til the last cell (H1). However she wants to be

able to do this
macro on any row (ex. A3 - H3)

I viewed the macro and it specifically references the

cells. So I
removed that reference in the visual basic window, but

then the macro
typed each word over top of each other in the same cell.

I'm so green,
that I don't even know the command to go to the next cell

and didn't
see it referenced in help. Any ideas? BTW I'm pasting the

actual macro
below in case I didn't type that well.

Thanks,
Carla

Sub TitleBar()
'
' TitleBar Macro
' Budget Title Bar
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+t
'
Range("A3:H3").Select
Selection.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle
Selection.Font.Bold = True
Range("A3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Project"
Range("B3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Task"
Range("C3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Expnd Type"
Range("D3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Item Date"
Range("E3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Supplier"
Range("F3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Burden Cost"
Range("G3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Comment"
Range("H3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Expnd Org"
Range("I3").Select
End Sub

---
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

.

hope this helps, it should start the macro at whatever
row is selected.

ActiveCell.Offset(, 0) = "Practice"
Selection.Font.Underline = True
Selection.Font.Bold = True

ActiveCell.Offset(, 1) = "Task"
ActiveCell.Offset(, 1).Font.Underline = True
ActiveCell.Offset(, 1).Font.Bold = True

ActiveCell.Offset(, 2) = "Expnd Type"
ActiveCell.Offset(, 2).Font.Underline = True
ActiveCell.Offset(, 2).Font.Bold = True

ActiveCell.Offset(, 3) = "Item Date"
ActiveCell.Offset(, 3).Font.Underline = True
ActiveCell.Offset(, 3).Font.Bold = True

ActiveCell.Offset(, 4) = "Supplier"
ActiveCell.Offset(, 4).Font.Underline = True
ActiveCell.Offset(, 4).Font.Bold = True

ActiveCell.Offset(, 5) = "Burden Cost"
ActiveCell.Offset(, 5).Font.Underline = True
ActiveCell.Offset(, 5).Font.Bold = True

ActiveCell.Offset(, 6) = "Comment"
ActiveCell.Offset(, 6).Font.Underline = True
ActiveCell.Offset(, 6).Font.Bold = True

ActiveCell.Offset(, 7) = "Expnd Org"
ActiveCell.Offset(, 7).Font.Underline = True
ActiveCell.Offset(, 7).Font.Bold = True