Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] pfsardella@yahoo.com.nospam is offline

Default General Text Search and Highlight

Sub FindMe()
' Highlights cells that contain "Hello"

Dim rngC As Range
Dim strToFind As String, FirstAddress As String

strToFind = "Hello"

With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set rngC = .Find(what:=strToFind, LookAt:=xlPart, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas)
If Not rngC Is Nothing Then
FirstAddress = rngC.Address
Do
rngC.Interior.Pattern = xlPatternGray50
Set rngC = .FindNext(rngC)
Loop While Not rngC Is Nothing And rngC.Address < _
FirstAddress
End If
End With

End Sub

Tested using Excel 97SR2 on Windows 98SE,

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

Been trying to find a macro, example on how I might perform a find
that will highlight all occurences of a word that I want to search for
throughout a worksheet. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeffro