Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
patrick molloy patrick molloy is offline

Default XLS file-format

saving as a CSV would not involve formats

However, you havent' said what language you are
programming in.

In VB6, VB.Net set a reference to the MS Excel Objects
Library. Having done so yuo can instantaite the
application, ad a workbook, popu;ate teh sheets etc and
save the workbook.

Without knowing what you're intending, its a tough
question. However, you can examine the object model in
the object browser.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP