Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CloudsŪ CloudsŪ is offline

Default XLS file-format

Ej,

Not really programming in Excel, so a little OT....

I'd like to create an Excel-file from within a little program I'm writing.
It has to export query-results to a file, readable for Excel.

Creating tsv or csv is not really an option, since I don't want to be
bothered with the import options when opening such files.

So now I need to know how xls-files are built, what info they contain etc.

Anyone got a hint where to find this info, if it is available at all?

Other suggestions are welcome too, workarounds are programmable too :-)

TIA!

--
CloudsŪ