Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
drswanker[_3_] drswanker[_3_] is offline

Default How do I retrieve data from an Oracle db?

I need to create a button in Excel that when clicked will query an
Oracle database using a value stored in cell E1 as a restriction in the
query. Also I need the results of the query to be listed in a range of
cells in the workbook on the same sheet the button exists.

example:

If cell E1 = 10, then I need a button that when pressed runs a query
across an Oracle database;

Select name, number
from Panel
where number = '10'

I'm expecting 30 to 200 names to be returned. I would like these names
from the oracle db to be populated in cells IT4 - It 300.

Thanks,
Dan