Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
isskiran[_2_] isskiran[_2_] is offline

Default determine cell is part of pivot item or pivot field

Hi,

I have an excel file which is around 20 MB when there is data in th
data sheet. This data is used for the pivot tables in the same workboo
but different sheets.

1. I want to clear the cache of the pivot tables so that when I try t
get the data from the oracle database to the datasheet, I want th
latest and updated values in the pivot table.

2. I want to first remove all the data from the data sheet and reduc
the file size to under 1 MB. This skeleton file contains just the pivo
table definition and no data in the data sheet. When I remove the data
the file size is still 5 MB...any idea why it is occupying 5 MB withou
data?

3. How do I clear the pivot cache?

4. I have some custom formatting and custom groupings here. when
delete all the data, the groupings are gone and not recreated when th
data is loaded. how do i keep the groupings?

5. I have some pivotcharts also. How do I refresh them?

Sorry for so many questions but i am not getting any solutions righ
now.

Thanks for your time. If anyone knows a solution, please respond

regards
Kira