Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pat Bell Pat Bell is offline

Default Search across multiple sheets and subtotal.

I was hoping for a non-programming solution but can't find any
current excel NG more appropriate than this one.

I have a workbook with sheets for each month. I want to find all
rows where column k contains a particular word and total all the
values from colum L on those rows

ie they are expenses claim for each month, I want to add all
particular claims for, say, fuel.

I can combine the sheets and do a find all which would tell me
how many rows but is there a way to do that bit more without a
macro?