Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OscarC OscarC is offline

Default Statistics, Charts and VBA

Hello

I am in the process of developing a spreadsheet that contains water
quality data. There are two things I am trying to achieve from the
spreadsheet:

1. Summarise the columns of data with some basic stats - Min, Max,
Mean, Standard Dev.

2. Plot line graphs for various water quality paramaters.

I set the the spreadsheet up so that I had named ranges for each
column, from which I can calculate my basic stats. This works fine.

Next I created dynamic ranges so I could plot the graphs. This is
where I have run into problems. My data occassionally contains blank
data, so in order to make sure the graphs plot correctly I inserted a
=NA() into the blank cells. However, this causes the statistics to
produce #N/A results.

How do I get around this problem? Is it possible to use VBA to
claculate the stats?

Thanks

Michael