Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Web Querying from excel.

I went to the url you provided. Usually when you goto the tables the url
changes and the desired info is shown. This can be imported with a macro
such as

With Sheets("Data").QueryTables.Add(Connection:="URL;" & qurl, _
Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("b2"))
.BackgroundQuery = True
.TablesOnlyFromHTML = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
.SaveData = True
End With

However, this site does not change the url so the best I can do is give you
a slightly better url than you provided that you can hyperlink to. If you
find out how to do this, please let me know.

http://ets.powerpool.ab.ca/Market/reportsIndex.html

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
m...
Hey Don.

The website is
http://www.aeso.ca/.

1) Goto Reports at the top of the page
2) On the left side of the page there are four links, click on
Historical
3) At the top of the page under "Select a Report" pick "Pool Price"
4) Under Select Format, click CSV (can also click html)
5) Under Begin Date Choose 01/01/2003
6) Under End Date Choose 12/06/2003

It will take a few moments t download the data. At this point, you
will get a "File Download" prompt from windowns. I usually save the
file to my desktop and delete it later. I copy from this file to my
excel spreadsheet.

I just realized that the website actually limits the periods that you
can export to a CSV file (722 days). It limits to 366 days if you
chose html.

The model I use is really just an excel column which starts at B2.
It holds the current years hourly data. I update it every morning.
Each morning, there are 24 extra rows to fill in my excel spreadsheet.
To make it easy, I simply download the entire years with of data each
morning. Therefore I can always paste to B2. by year end there will
be 8760 rows (365 days *24 hours)of data.

Hope that helps. Let me know otherwise.

Thanks for your response.

TS