Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
index[_11_] index[_11_] is offline

Default Applying formulae to cells???

Is it possible to create a macro that when a selection of cells is
picked and the macro run a box will appear on the screen which allows
the user to enter a formula which is then applied to all the cells
selected and the new value returned in the original cells?

ie i highlight cells a1, a2, a3... click the macro. A box appears
prompting me to enter a formula of my choosing to apply to the
selection. On clicking OK the formula is applied and the new values
returned to a1, a2, a3

Apologies if this is really simple!!! And thanks in advance for any
help