Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default Help with setting up an Ordering system, please

I would like to set up a facility to allow users to access
a MasterOrder, make their changes and save to a
directory of their choice, whilst also saving to a central
default folder.

I need to present the user with an unique Order number,
but if the user chooses to Cancel, then I need to reset to
the original Order number.

Here is what I have so far:

In the calling sub:

Sub GetNewOrder()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\BofQProject\VlnBofQ\"
Workbooks.Open FileName:= _
"C:\BofQProject\VlnBofQ\MasterOrder.xls"
End Sub

and in the ThisWorkbook module of "MasterOrder.xls":

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim i As Integer
With Workbooks("MasterOrder.xls").Worksheets("Master Order")
i = .Range("I3").Value
.Range("I3").Value = (i + 1) & " /"
End With

End Sub

A fundamental question, please:

Would I be better off creating a userform for this purpose?

Regards.

---