Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Word Scramble

Terry,

If you want to see a working example (code is locked) , my Excel Add-in
"Display Word Combinations" is available for free upon direct request.
(remove the xxx from my email address)

It determines all possible permutations for a series of characters (
word/numbers).
It eliminates duplicate combinations.
The listing is added to the first empty column on the worksheet.
Valid words in the list are highlighted and shown at the top of the list.
It's pretty darn fast and shows a progress bar in the status bar while
working.
It comes with a one page Word.doc install/instructions file.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
XX

wrote in message
om...
I am building a word scrambler in excel.
I want to:
1) enter a word into a cell
2) scramble it into every combination possible
3) check to see if each iteration is actually a word in english using
the excel dictionary.
Is it possible to access the spell check in VBA? Is it then possible
to use it to see if my word combinations are in fact real words? I am
assuming that I would have build a loop and use some sort of boolean
variable to validate if the word is real relative to a list from the
dictionary.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks
TS