Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Sample Array

BTW, I should have mentioned that Option Base 1 makes the lower bound of
all array variables 1 instead of 0 if you don't explicitly specify
otherwise. Therefore, if you added Option Base 1 to the code module
containing the procedure below you're going to get "Subscript out of range"
error on the line:

Bird(0) = 3

because the Bird array will no longer have an element with an index of 0.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
Below is a test array. I am trying to use the Option Base
statement to make the default index set to 1 instead of
0. If I were to insert the code: Option Base 1 at the
start of the code, then I would think the result in cell
J2 would = 7. When I dont use Option base 1 statement(run
code like it is shown below) the result of cell J2 is
equal to 3 as expected, when I run the code and change the
line of the code from Range("J2").Value = Bird to Range
("J2").Value = Bird(1), the result of J2 is equal to 7 as
expected, but why when I keep the code as it is below and
add the Option Base 1 below the Private Sub
CommandButton1_Click() it gives me the error "Compile
error: Invalid inside procedure."?

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim Bird(2) As Integer
Bird(0) = 3