Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need to set a cell background color which is not within the Excel colorindex range

Oscar,

You could use Color=RGB(... but Excel will map that onto the equivalent
ColorIndex anyway. What you can do instead is to change the colour in the
colour palette. Goto menu ToolsOptions and select the Color tab, select
the red colour, click the Modify button, select the Custom tab, and select
the shade of red you want. OK it and the Red ColorIndex takes on that
colour.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Oscar" wrote in message
.nl...
Is there a way to set the background color of a cell in another way than

the
interior.colorindex property ? I need to set a very light red color, and

the
reds that Exel exposes within the colorindex range are too dark for this.
I've tried to change the background color outside from a VB app with
interior.color=....colornr but that results in Excel in other colors than

VB
normally does when using the same color numbers.

Oscar