Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JerryG[_7_] JerryG[_7_] is offline

Default Word Scramble

Now this was a fun macro to work on! I image this could become
jumbles expert-want-a-be's best friend. Since it is such a large macr
(and I imagine someone with a bit more time on their hands could figur
out some ways to make it shorter in length), I have attached it as
file. I did put a simple check in to prevent duplicate word findings
but that check is bypassed if the algorythm finds one or more new word
between duplicates. I did limit entry to 3 to 8 letters as the time i
takes to run through all the permuations even at 8 letters is more tha
most people can wait. I doubt anyone would even stick around t
process the 362,880 possibilities with 9 letters. The macro will star
upon opening the workbook and you can take it from there. Only word
passing the "spelling test" will be entered on the worksheet.

Let me know what you think of it or have any trouble with it!

JerryG :