Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Oscar Oscar is offline

Default Selection method not available in VB when referencing Excel worksheet

Bob,

I can adress activeworksheet after activeworkbook, but the VB IDE doesn't
show any members such as the selection method after the dot after
'activesheet' method. In case that I write it by hand I receive an error
during runtime.

So I can't have myExcelApp.Activeworkbook.Activesheet.Selection.ro w
interpreted by the compiler.
Oscar

"Bob Phillips" schreef in bericht
Oscar,

Selection can only apply to the activesheet of the activeworkbook, so this
gets the first selected row

selection.row

and this is the last

selection.rows.count+selection.row-1

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Oscar" wrote in message
.nl...
In a VB application, I am referencing an Excel workbook. I need to know

the
row number of the toprow and bottomrow of any range selection. Therefore

want to use the selection object. However, the 'selection' object is not
available for the Excel.worksheet method and is only available for the
Excel.application and it doesn't show any method after selection. For
example I can't use selection.rows. How can I change this ?

Oscar