Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier[_4_] Jon Peltier[_4_] is offline

Default Graph macro question

Edwin -

Can you just copy the chart (I like to hold down Ctrl while dragging the
original), then right click on the new one, select Source Data from the
pop up menu, and select the Data Range with the mouse?

Of course you can always write a macro:

Sub CopyChartWithNewRange()
Dim rng As Range
ActiveSheet.Shapes(ActiveChart.Parent.Name).Duplic ate.Select
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Application.InputBox( _
Prompt:="Select a data range for the new chart.", Type:=8)
If Err.Number = 0 Then
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=rng

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Edwin Merced wrote:

Lets say I have 1 graph but need a macro that will make a selection and
graph (exactly like the first graph) but with another range. Whats the macro
or code for that. How can I instruct with a macro which range to select in
order for it to graph?

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message

Edwin,

The following line of code would set the source data for Chart 1 on the
active sheet to A2:B5

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.SetSourceData
Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:B5")

Is that what you wanted?

If the chart is a separate sheet the code would be:

Charts("Chart1").SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:B5")

hth,

Doug

"Edwin Merced" wrote in message

I Have a multiple graphs inside a worksheet. But need to have a macro

that

will allow me to sleect a range inside the worksheet for each graph. How

can

I assign with a macro the range for each graph?