Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Copying data across 2 xcel files

workbooks("File2.xls").Sheet1.Range("A:D").Value = _
Workbooks("File1.xls").Sheet2.Range("A:D").Value

Tom Ogilvy

"Gandei" wrote in message
Hi there

I have 2 separate xcel files and want to copy columns A:D
of file1 into A:D of file2.
To copy across different sheets in the same file I would do
Sheet1.Range("A:D").Value = Sheet2.Range("A:D").Value

Is there a way to copy across 2 different xcel files in a
simliar manner show above, so that I would avoid the use
of clip board.
Currently I'm copying them using clip board as shown below:

Workbooks("File1.xls").Activate
Range("A:D").Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks("File2.xls").Activate
Range("A:D").PasteSpecial
Application.CutCopyMode = False 'Clears wriggly worms

Thanks
Gandei