Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PaulPW[_2_] PaulPW[_2_] is offline

Default Excel as Image Browser

One option you have is to use the Hyperlink Base (under File -

Properties).
With this, all hyperlinks will be relative to this base instead of to

the files location. That works in some situations, but I've never seen
the need to use it

This is *GOLD*! I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread (my first visit
to this website and first thread I looked at!)

I have been struggling for ages with hyperlinks, which would not always
work since they were to different locations on a network, and excel (on
saving) would change the absolute references to relative, which would
not all be correct, if that makes sense. I ended up writing code to
re-paste the links back whenever the sheet was opened, but even that
didn't always work, seemingly because I had set up drive letters mapped
to different parts of the network?!
Anyway, the Hyperlink Base seemed to solve all that - wish I'd have
found it earlier on (like, in the Help pages!!)

Thanks for that one Dick :)

Regards, Paul