Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Chip's example about vatPtr & objPtr

Enrique

changedcell.address = groupcell.address ( the "Is Operator" does not
work I guess because of the same reason the ObjPtr does not give a
consistent address for a cell)

intercept(ChangedCells, UnionGroupCells) is not nothing

What's wrong with those two methods? Do they not work for you?

and the third one I wanted to use was to create a dictionary with the
memory address of every cell in the group as keys and only ask if the
key ( memory address) of a changed cell exists in the dictionary. Off
course this does not work because I can not get a consistent memory
address for a cell object.

So the question is: do you know any other technics or a better way to
find if a specific cell or group of cells have been changed or selected?

Or do you know how to identify a cell consistently with a value that the
user can not change (like internal tag)?

(It could be tens of thousands of cells, in any worksheet in any
location, containing any value. They are dynamic, this means that a cell
can get in or out of the group under certain conditions. Dictionaries
would be great to keep the group cells under control. )

Unless I misunderstand you, there is a constant cell identifier that the
user can't change - its cell reference. Sheet1!A1 can only refer to one
cell, so why not store you ranges by their sheet name and cell address?

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel