Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Newland Andy Newland is offline

Default Start up files

Hi all,

I am writing a piece of code that will run each time a
user in my company opens Excel. I have already done this
in Word and have performed the following steps:

1. Write the code in an XLS and compile. The code is in an
Auto_Open event in a standard module. (It runs each time I
open the XLS file).
2. Step through code and make sure it works.
3. Save the XLS as an XLA file.
4. Add the XLA file to my Start Up folder as defined by me
in Tools/Options/General At start up, open all files in.

However my XLA file is not picked up when I open a new
instance of Excel. I know this as it is not referenced in
the VB project of the new Excel spreadsheet. Any ideas
why? (3rd party XLA files in the same directory ARE picked
up!!?) Are there issues with security?

Thanks,

Andy