Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stoping an Auto Open macro from running

Both are special--I just tried it again and the code didn't execute!

In fact, if xl were closed, I got some some error messages concerning some
addins--I kept holding the shift key down and clicked ok and then got the enable
macros prompt. I chose yes. Auto_open and workbook_open didn't run, but I
could run them later.

If xl were open, the same thing (except for the addin warnings) happened.

But IIRC, this might be the explanation.

I have macro security set to medium. I bet both you guys have macro security
set to Low!

(I think that was a Don Guillet find. Apologies to the real "discoverer" if it
wasn't Don--maybe Bob Phillips????)

Ron de Bruin wrote:

Dave is using Win 98.

I try it in Win 98 also and it is not working.
But Dave have a special version<g

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"RzB" wrote in message ...
Hmmm.... Interesting - Don't work for me from
Windows Explorer.
Windows XP Prof and Excel 2002.

Works if I open it from within Excel....

A little bugette perchance or
- working as designed, even if it's not consistent!

Roy

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
It worked ok for me from windows explorer (win98 and xl2002).

The auto_open code didn't run and neither did the workbook_open event.

--

Dave Peterson