Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MarkS[_2_] MarkS[_2_] is offline

Default copying macro

Hi,
I use this macro and every time it runs the Spreadsheet
gets bigger and slower. By the end of the month it has
grown from 127 Kb to 1,238 Kb and is very slow to open or
update. The first part of the macro copy yesterday data
further down the spreadsheet, so I can see where it has
changed and by how much. The second part opens another
spreadsheet copys the data and then closes the spreadsheet.

I need to find what the extra part is and how I stop
copying it across.

' Yesterdays

Windows("Contracts_Capacity.xls").Activate
Sheets("Shaped_Generation").Select
Range("C4:BK8").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Range("C11").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues,
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

' Add New Planned Generation

Workbooks.Open FileName:= _
"\\rimmer\trader\MarkS\Update
Position\Planned_Generation.xls"
Range("A1:BK6").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("Contracts_Capacity.xls").Activate
Sheets("Shaped_Generation").Select
Range("A3").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues,
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _