Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
D.S.[_3_] D.S.[_3_] is offline

Default AS400 Date value conversion to Excel

Sorry,
Last post had an error in as much as the formula indicated cell reference of
R14. Using columns A and B of row #1, the cell reference should have been <
B2 (and not R14)

D.S.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
How about selecting your range/column and doing Data|Text to columns.

Fixed width (but "do not import" the first character/field)
and dmy for the second field (6 characters)

"D.S." wrote:

I have an excel query that return dates from an AS400 system, and the

date
'as is', is almost useless for my presentation. For instance, today's

date
12/3/03, would be returned as 1031203.

Any suggestion to convert this to the MMDDYY format above? It would be
great if I could add some type of conditional statement to the SQL code

in
the query, but could also use an Excel worksheet formula in the adjacent
column to convert the value.

D.S.

--

Dave Peterson