Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_4_] Alan Beban[_4_] is offline

Default Preformatted array returned by custom function

A simple sample:

Function testIt()
Dim arr, i As Long, Elem as variant
arr = Array(1000.01, 10000.01, 100000.01)
i = 1
For Each Elem In arr
arr(i) = Format(Elem, "##,##0")
i = i + 1
Next
testIt = arr
End Function

Array enter =testIt() into a range of cells of the appropriate size and
shape to accommodate the output.

Alan Beban

Asif wrote:
Well Vasant-ji, thanks for your reply. But I think a function can directly
return numbers in "##,##0" format when it returns a single value.

Function NumberFormatting(theNumber)
theNumber=10000.01
NumberFormatting=Format(theNumber,"##,##0")
End Function

I'd like to do something similar with my function that returns an array.

Thanks
~Asif

Vasant Nanavati wrote in message ...

I think you would need to format the range in the correct format. A
worksheet function cannot make any formatting changes.

--

Vasant

"Asif" wrote in message

I've created a function that returns an array of numbers which I'd like

be shown in "##,##0" format when the array is printed to the worksheet.
Looks like I can't do this. Can I?

Thanks
~Asif