John Kilkenny

Default Personal macro workbook and personal.xls

Yet another question on this topic. I cannot create a macro in my personal
macro workbook as it comes up with the error message "Personal Macro Workbook
in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I have searched c: for
the personal.xls file and it doesn't exist - checked start up folder and not
there. I have detect and repaired excel. I have checked disabled items. I
have checked hide/unhide. Can anyone help me?? am I missing something obvious?

Cheers