Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Seek and destroy

Sub MoveStd()
Dim rng As Range, rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range
Dim fAddr As String
Set rng = Range(Cells(4, 2), Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp))
Set rng1 = rng.Find(What:="STD", After:=rng(rng.Count), _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
If Not rng1 Is Nothing Then
fAddr = rng1.Address
Do
If rng2 Is Nothing Then
Set rng2 = rng1
Else
Set rng2 = Union(rng1, rng2)
End If
Set rng1 = rng.FindNext(rng1)
Loop While rng1.Address < fAddr
' rng2.EntireRow.Copy Destination:= _
' Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
rng2.EntireRow.Delete

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote in message
I have an output sheet that I am trying to extract
information from. Trouble is it is not always in the same
rows or the same number of rows in every output (100 rows
Max). I have identified a common factor in column B for
all the rows that are unwanted they contain STD (in upper,
lower or mixed case) as part of the cell contents.

I need a macro that will search down column B (Cell B4
Start point) until it comes to a cell containing STD then
for it to remove that entire row from the sheet2 and
continue until all rows containing STD in column B are
removed and I am left with only the required data.

Any help on this would be most welcome.

Rrgards Jan