Don Guillett

use formula is
=a1="r" and format
add
=a1="a" and format
add
=or(a1<"a",a1<"r") and format
the key is to put the < as the last format condition

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jed" wrote in message
Please could somebody guide me to a conditional formating. I have column
which contains words "Released" & "Approved".
What i want to do is high light any cell in that column which does NOT
contain word "Released" or "Approved". If i do conditional format for
"Released" and add another condition for "Approved", they both get
highlighted. Is there a way of setting both conditions at the same time
which would hightlight any other word except words Released & Approved.
My version of Excel is Excel 97. Thanks in advance. Any help is much
appreciated.

Regards
Jed